In terms of Time
For Hajj: The months of Hajj
For Umrah: At any time of the year
Those who live within the Radius of the Miqaat can make Ihraam from their homes.
People living in Makkah need to go out of the boundaries of Makkah to make Ihram.
As nowadays people come by flights from all parts of the world, they need should either get into Ihram before boarding the flight or just before flying over the Miqaat.
(There is an announcement made in Saudi Airlines before of approaching the Miqaat).
- Dhu’l-Hulayfah – This mīqāt is about 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) from Medinah and about 450 kilometres (280 mi) from Mecca. Dhu’l-Hulayfah is the mīqāt for those who live in Madinah and for those who approach Mecca from the direction of Medinah.
- Qarn ul-Manāzil – Also known as Mīqāt Al-Sail, located 85 kilometres (53 mi) from Mecca, in a small town known as As-Sail Al-Kabeer on Highway 40. This mīqāt serves pilgrims coming from the Najd region which is generally the middle of Saudi Arabia.
- Yalamlam – This mīqāt point serves the Hujajj coming from the direction of Yemen. Yalamlam is a small city in the province of Makkah.
- Juhfah – This mīqāt is about 190 kilometres (120 mi) to the northwest of Mecca. This is the mīqāt for the people who come from the direction of Ash-Shaam.
- Dhāt-i ‘Irq – This mīqāt is about 85 kilometres (53 mi) northeast of Mecca. This mīqāt serves pilgrims coming from the direction of Iraq, Iran, and other places en route. The mīqāt is situated in a very rural location, 58 kilometres (36 mi) from Highway 40, the main Taif-Riyadh road.